For the diagram that was on the review sheet (the diagram can be found on the second video: finding the valence electrons)...
1. The number of valence electrons was 4. Remember the number of valence electrons are the electrons on the last orbital shell.
2. The number of electrons in total was 6. You had to also count the electrons that were on the first orbital shell.
3. The number of protons was 6 and the number of neutrons (for the purposes of our class) is 6. Remember that the # of protons = # of electrons = # of neutrons.
4. The atomic number is ALWAYS = to the # of protons, which in this case was 6. So the atomic number is 6.
5. Looking at the periodic table, the eleme
MS. BLY'S BLOG OF SCIENCE!!