2. How to calculate potential energy and kinetic energy (8R classes will be given equations)
3. What are the 8 forms of energy?
4. What is fission and what category of energy does it fall under
5. What happens during an energy conversion? BE ABLE TO GIVE EXAMPLES OF one conversion into another, and one conversion into multiple.
6. What does energy efficiency mean?
7. The difference between nonrenewable and renewable resources. BE ABLE TO GIVE 3 EXAMPLES OF EACH.
8. Be able to discuss the resources we are going to finish learning tomorrow:
Oil (with what it's used for)
1. PE- energy of things that are not moving or have changed position, KE- energy of things that are moving
2. KE= 1/2mv^2, PE= mgh=fh
3. KE, PE (U), Thermal, Electrical, Chemical, Sound, Radiant, Nuclear
4. Fission- splitting apart, nuclear energy
5. Energy chances from one form to another- turning on a fan would be electrical to mechanical, turning on a hair dryer would be electrical to mechanical, thermal and sound
6. An energy efficient machine converts more energy into the energy you want- IE Turning on a vacuum would be converting electrical energy into mechanical energy. A by product would be sound energy. The more sound energy, the less efficient because we want mechanical, not sound.
7. Nonrenewable- irreplaceable or replaceable after a very long time. Coal, Natural Gas and Oil. (There are more.) Renewable- can be replaced in a short amount of time or never runs out. Solar, Hydropower, Geothermal energy (there are more.)
8.-We'll go over more detail tomorrow.